Your gifts, both large and small, will help us to achieve our mission of helping children affected by our cause.
Thank you in advance for your generous support that allows us to make a difference in the lives of children we serve and their families each year. Support from individuals like you is essential to providing mentors for children in Erie County, Seneca County and Sandusky County. As children grow from childhood through their teen years and into young adulthood, they need a caring adult to be a mentor and friend. Research shows that a mentor providing one-to-one mentoring is highly effective for supporting at risk children.
Research show that youth that are mentored are:
- 46% less likely to use drugs
- 52% less likely to skip school
- 33% less likely to engage in violent behavior
- More Confident in their schoolwork performance
- Able to get along better with their families
Your gift to Community Youth Mentoring will help us to:
- Serve nearly 631 children by providing them with a caring mentor in our community based mentoring and school based mentoring.
- Recruit mentors for children on our waiting list.
- Cover cost of background checks, insurance and ensuring that trained professionals are providing match support for all matched children.
- Provide professional training sessions and material for all staff, mentors and families.
- Cover cost of all planned activities for matched and unmatched children.
It is not just a donation. It is an investment in a child's future.